Skip to main content

Euro Tour

Europe Tour

Amsterdam
The month of April I was off adventuring around Europe! April forth I climbed on a bus with 60 other students. We first drove to Germany and spent the night there before making the drive to our first destination. After driving through the crazy city streets of Amsterdam, we did a quick walking tour and then were released for free time.

Following our free time we went as a group to Madame Tussaudes, the wax museum in the city. As cool as all the wax figures were, I didn't want to spend too much time there. I have been to lots of wax museums in lots of different cities, and even though the figures can be scary accurate, I wanted to see more of the city. After running through the museum,  (and getting some sick pics on the way!) we went to the main square and got some hot dogs and then got some (Dam) good coffee! 

 During free time I found the Red-Light District with a couple friends. The Red-Light District is a place where prostitution (and other related activity) is legal!? It was shocking to walk down the street and turn your head to see a woman standing in a window in her underwear. We did not spend very much time in the Red-Light District, but we thought it was an important thing to see while in Amsterdam. 


Our final activity of the day was a boat cruise around the canal! It was my favorite part of the day, we got to hear all about the unique houses lining the canal and we had sunshine while we listened. 



Brussels

The second day was spent in Brussels. After a short tour around the city we were set loose around the city, of course the first thing on my list was getting a waffle!!


After some exploring of the city streets, Olivia, Anja and I found a lace store with all handmade lace. We all bought gifts and admired the eccentric designs of the lace. The next treasure we found were Belgium French fries! I usually eat my fries with ketchup, but when in Belgium one must eat fries with mayonnaise! 


Paris

Once we finished snacking in Belgium our tour bus rolled on to Paris! We got a quick look at the city on a cruise along the Seine. The following morning we got up bright and early to head to the Eiffel Tower! I was surprised at the amount of security that we had to go through, it was more than at the airport! But it was worth it, the view of Paris from the top of the tower was amazing! 

The next stop in Paris was the Louvre. The walk there was very hot but lovely, there were vendors all along the Seine showcasing their art. Soon after, we got to see The Venus de Milo, The Winged Victory of Samothrace, The Mona Lisa, and so many other incredible pieces of art. 


On our way to the South of France we stopped at Versailles for a tour of the extravagant palace and a look at the immaculate gardens. 

The seventh day of the tour we arrived in Barcelona, first pulling into FC Barcelona to check out the museum and stadium. After a couple hours there we checked into our hotel and settled in before heading to a flamenco show in the evening. The show was not quite what I expected, there was a singer and then three pairs of dancers in long, colorful dresses. 

Though I feel very lucky to have gone to all these places, I think one of the things that made the trip so amazing was that I got to see all these incredible places with some of my favorite people from all over the world! 


In my next post I will share the rest of Euro tour! 
xoxo 

















Comments

  1. I love virtually going on tour with you! Maybe one day you will be a tour guide! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted again! I love your updates! Your pictures are incredible! I can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An extra post!

Saturday I spent the day with my host mom. We brought Mika (my host puppy) to the vet, went to the grocery store, and the car wash! It wasn't an overly exciting morning but it was fun. It was also a good challenge for my host mom and I, she doesn't speak much English and I don't speak much polish! When we got back from the store I made chocolate chip cookies while Jola started making Pierogis!! I was very excited to finally try them. We had both boiled and fried, some with cheese and some with fruit. The fried ones were my favorite and I liked the fruit filled ones best.  That afternoon we shuffled around some things in the garage and found a bike that (mostly) fit me. We went on a 10k bike ride! I was really wishing I had brought my phone so I could've captured it, and shared with you. It was so beautiful out, I could smell the Fall. I know that's cheesy but it's one of my favorite times of the year. The air has a different feel that I really love. Ear

Party In Poland! And more!

Friday night I went to my first polish party! Jan brought Olivia and I to his friends 18th birthday. I was a little nervous at first. I didn't know anyone at the party and I wasn't sure what it would be like but people were very friendly! People seemed more interested than they normally are at school, it was refreshing to meet so many new people. The beginning of the night was a little awkward but then more people came and we started dancing! It was so hear some new polish music (!!) and see everyones dance moves. I think people are a lot less shy about dancing here. In the states kinds just kind of sway awkwardly, here there is a lot more movement!  This past weekend I was able to go with Olivia and her host parents to Lidzbark Warminski. Our first stop was the castle. If I'm being honest I wasn't as excited about seeing the castle, the castles here are very similar, and while amazing, we usually just take a tour of the main points with a guide. When we arrived I

Day 1

Two Mondays' ago, after double and triple checking that I had everything, I said goodbye to my sweet puppy and loaded all my bags into the car. We picked up cider doughnuts from Cold Hollow Cider Mill and drove up to Montreal. My parents took me out to Moe's and we got famous smoked meat sandwiches! I was hoping to post this in the airport but I didn't get a chance. I flew through Amsterdam airport and got to (briefly) meet one of my host brothers! Dominik flew out of Warsaw airport Tuesday morning so our flights coincidentally lined up.  I only had two hours left till I got to Warsaw. When I landed I easily found my host family, they had made a big sign with my name on it!  From Warsaw it was a three hour drive back to  BartÄ…g, I was only at my host family's house for one night. Wednesday morning I got on train for my nine day language camp. I took the train to Bydgoszcz with another exchange student  who  is staying in Olsztyn. This camp included